AREAS OF PRACTICE
Specializing in a legislative practice at the State level with focuses on Public Finance, Municipalities, Alcohol Regulations, Taxes, Transportation, Energy and Insurance issues.
- President, Alaric Group LLC: Lobbied the Texas Legislature, Executive Branch and State Agencies on client issues, worked with clients on procurements issues and state contracting procedures, coordinate legislative agendas for clients including drafting testimony, interim charges, research and coalition building
- Vinson & Elkins LLP, 1998: Public Policy Division: Client responsibilities to include but not limited to: contractual agreements, medical waste, telecommunications, water, procurement, taxes, and insurance
- The Texas General Land Office, 1996: Legislative Liaison
- Office of State Representative Steve Wolens, 1994: Legislative Aide to Rep. Wolens
In addition to the work experience listed above, Mr. Yarnell has worked on a variety of campaigns ranging from State Representative to President of the United States of America. Of note, Mr. Yarnell spent the last 12 years ensuring the re-election efforts of the House Leadership. During the 2002 campaign cycle, Mr. Yarnell directed the successful campaign of State Representative Patrick Rose –who, at the age of 23, narrowly defeated a six-year incumbent and was named Texas Monthly’s Rookie of the Year for the 78th Legislative Session. Mr. Yarnell continues to advise legislative leadership during election season.
- Capitol Inside 2009 “Lobby Rising Star”
- 2007 American Disabilities Act “Texan of the Year” Texas Coalition for the Disabled
- Board Member, Austin Zoo (2004 – 2012)
B.A., Texas A&M University, 1994
William and his wife Christina are parents to four boys ranging in ages from 5 to 20, the oldest attends the United States Air Force Academy, and they are both active members of the Lakeway community in Austin, TX.